Monday 27 December 2010

Mattalogue; Promises, Goals and Curiously Strong Mints

Well, well, well dear reader. I am infact alive. I know I’ve not made an entry on this infernal thing for a good while, but I’ve been busy.

Was that an effective lie? I’ve been trying them out lately. Y’know the kind of situation, where you’re all civil and nice to someone, but inside you’re secretly screaming obscenities at them and their mother. That kind of lie.

Anyway, lifes been rather strange lately, don’t get me wrong. It’s been good, but just, very very strange. But to say any more on the matter in such a public place would be ‘controversial’.

Christmas was rather impressive for me this time around, not only did I receive a box of Marks and Spencers ‘Curiously strong mints’ (the ‘curiously’ in the title makes me think they’re alluding to some mysterious ingredient, more than likely poor people), the new COD game (the unwrapping of which heralded me waving goodbye to sunlight and social interaction) and perhaps most importantly. A Kindle. Within hours I’d bonded with him and his pretty E-ink face and I named him Kevin Sorbo…after the well known Hercules/reading/technology connection.

Anyway, New Year, New Matt. So the annual tradition of setting aside goals and breaking them all by the 2nd of January begins. Seeing as such goals will no doubt be broken I might as well post them here.

1. Lose the weight. - Cause seriously, no man needs this many spare tires

2. Get one of these ‘job’ things. - Despite my vast disinterest in the thing, apparently money is necessary to live.

3. Get a haircut.- Save money on shampoo

4. Keep that special person happy. - I hope to keep this goal going at least.

5. Write down stuff! – Maybe even have Land of the Poisoned Skies half done by this time next year. Maybe fully done, uni permitting.

6. Pass Uni again- So far there have been no great victories, only small defeats.

7. Be a nicer person – Something everyone could work towards. Well, except you of course.

8. Make use of Kevin Sorbo and read more- No point trying to be a writer if you only read books with pop-up flaps.

Anyway, before I sign off, I wrote a full three chapters of my ‘project’ yesterday. I was quite impressed, till I realised they were from Book 2 (Filling The Void), not Book 1. But hey, whoever did things chronologically?

I’m off to shoot Asian people in the face now. Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem!!! I have started Book Two before Book One!!! I too have made a pledge for 2011 but I am going to print it out and blu-tack to my kitchen door to remind me: don't eat the whole contents of the fridge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so it's not just me then? That's good to know lol. I guess it's cos in the 1st one you've gotta do all the introducing, whereas in 2 you can just leap in.
    At least your fridge has contents my friend :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're already the best person ever, so I argue that you don't have to be any nicer. Heck, who am I kidding? You don't have to change ANYTHING!
    Btw, despite sounding ott here, there's much truth here, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete