Saturday 10 April 2010

It begins...

So, after much arm twisting and massaging of the ego I decided to get one of these blog things. I’m not too sure what I’ll wind up sharing with you dear reader (note use of the singular, I’m under no delusions of grandeur). Experiences? Almost certainly, for someone so boring I’ve led quite an interesting life. Insights? Maybe, not that I have a particularly witty, intelligent or original view on the world. They’re mostly just recycled junk I’ve acquired via cultural osmosis. But then again, isn’t every ones view on the world?

Hints to future projects? Probably, I've been working on the thing for damn near 10 years, I should probably start showing bits and pieces to people who aren’t contractually obliged to give praise. However as many other aspiring writers understand, showing people that special little thing you’ve put your heart and soul into for the past few years can be daunting. And I’m not talking about World of Warcraft characters, or badly photoshopped images of you smoothing a celebrity you happen to have ‘the hots for’. Or is that just me? Well what can I say, I was bored, Microsoft paint didn’t do it for me anymore and I’d found a really good picture of Anne Widdecombe.

Before I begin, I guess you should ask yourself, are you prepared to walk on the mild side? Are you prepared to listen to the Lucozade fuelled ramblings of a gimp whose only distinguishing feature is a stripy hat he stole from a Wiganner (unless she's reading this, in which case I have no idea to what I was just referring to! Go back to your pie!)? Now, I assume after asking yourself those questions you’ve either clicked the little red cross of relief up there : points : orrrr decided to stick around.

So join me on this whirlwind adventure! Thrill as I describe to you the mundanity (it’s a word!) of my day! Scroll in intrigue as I pepper my sentences with unneeded brackets! Shake hands with mildly veiled pity as I unwittingly reveal insights into my cracked psyche!

And on that note, I must away to the Capital Wasteland!

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to point out that you don't have boring experiences... after all you come from Leigh!

    francy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were the kinda gimp that wore the PVC then I'd love you to candidly share your experiences with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it! You have my hat!

    :-/
    I don't like pies.

    ReplyDelete