Wednesday 2 June 2010

Mattalogue; Delving into the Land of the Poisoned Skies

So after a real world shake up, I've decided to dedicate my free time to writing the first in my End of the Road 'series'; Land of the Poisoned Skies.

It's gonna be tough, mostly because I'm easily distracted at the moment (oh the problems of writing on an internet enabled laptop) and I'm starting to wonder if I've made the plot too dense. Especially considering it's my first venture into the world of non-short story writing. Though it could be worse, the fifth in the 'series' -Revelations- deals with the end of the world from the perspective of the two men that cause it (not to mention other side characters). One of them the Machiavellian head of state in an foreign country and the other a self destructive assassin. Which in turn is actually a flash back by the assassin as he lies recovering in a bed in Botswana and begins to realise he's not safe even in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I'll be seen for several months.

Of course, thanks to my usual brand of pessimism (which has been reinforced, hard) I don't think this is going well. After all, I started work on the first chapter -entitled The Great, Unwanted Gift for the moment- and immediately decided that such a manoeuvre was worthy of my first non-emo blog post in awhile.

Anyway, on a heavier note 2010 seems to be a cursed year for the Metal genre. If we consider the final days of 2009 as a part of this year we've had; The Rev (who unfortunately is from a band which is a fave source of hatedom of so called 'metal-heads', despite the fact that most of the metalbands they worship adore them), Peter Steele, Ronnie James Dio and now Paul Gray pass on. All of which were very talented individuals who brought alot -and in some cases everything- to their respective bands. Especially Mr Dio.

I'm sure most guitar players are shitting themselves right now.

And if you don't agree with me, you sir, are a Fallout Boy fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment