Sunday 17 April 2011

Gimpy limbs and footballers special friends

Day 6.5 in the great pop challenge of 2011. I've faced many opportunities to break my personal bet. Just today I went to the local Sainsbury's garage for a drink. Got myself an overpriced bottle of water instead. As an interesting aside, I was served by a girl from my high school, it was an odd experiance. Reminded me of why I hate this place, it sucks you in and digs its hooks in. Before you know how old you are, you're trapped forever. Like an overly clingy mother, the kind who keeps you spoon fed well into your 40's. Maybe I'm just pretentious.

My legs hurting more than usual at the moment, it's a nice burning/crushing/twisting pain that likes to switch itself on and off when it pleases. Like some sort of sadistic kettle. Where was I going with that metaphor? I swear it's affecting my already -criminally poor- judgement.

So that explains why I'm glued to my laptop at gone 2 in the morning. One of my limbs feels like it wants to go on strike, the other quickly following suit. Aaaand my ever reliable head is having second tenth thoughts about company I keep. Or rather, company I try to keep. So, I guess, like a footballers 'lady friend', I'm being buggered at both ends. Of course, I was too drugged up on faith in human decency and -cliche alert!- friendship to feel that little phallus creeping inside me and screwing me for all it was worth. So now I'm just kinda left here, lying on my own, covered in stinky gunk and unable to walk properly.


Cheerful post!

1 comment: