Monday 11 April 2011

We're All Going On A...Easter Holiday...

Never before in my life have I said this, but, I'm currently on holiday...in smoggy Leigh. "But surely, how can one have a holiday in a town where NOT being the result of an incestuous union is considered taboo?" You're potentially asking. Well the answer simple, anythings better than living with Norman Bates. It's nice to be able to wash the stench of dead/wet dog/poop out of my nostrils every once in awhile and replace it with...the stench of poop and curry.

Also, for anyone who actually reads this; http://www.leighjournal.co.uk/news/8625319.Man_charged_after_brother_stabbed/

The guy who arrested him was none other than my dear moderately-old dad. I'm pretty damn proud, as are the local police.


I'm hoping to do some writing in my time here, mostly focus on my recently sprouting Sci-fi idea. I have two working titles for it, The Eon of Neon (wooo for rhyming!) or Lacon Nights (y'know...like Arabian nights, but it's set in a far future mega-city called Lacon...).

The idea is to have a collection of short stories all featuring a different central character(s) set in and around the aforementioned mega-city. I've got a few ideas at the moment, some of which include a shape changing sex slave (yes, I'm aware they're as old as the medium itself), a guided tour over a land once known as 'Amurrika' and a cult of mercenaries who base themselves on "The old Heroes", such as The Bat-man, The Spiderman and Aquaman. So...yeah...watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Grats to your pa fella!
    You have such wonderful ideas, I can't wait til I can hold a copy of one your books.

    ReplyDelete